Friday, May 25, 2012

Blitz

Keira is 6 now.  Being the age that she is, and the baby in the family, she is especially interested in "bad words."  She looks at me with great expectation whenever I look like I'm about ready to explode.  Seriously, imagine her standing there, rubbing her little hands together like she's about ready to get an ice cream cake all to herself.  Little does she know that I can simply drop a piece of paper and "fucker" comes out just as easily as anybody else would say "woops."  I'm apparently just good at muffling it when around the kids her.  I'm mainly concerned about her teaching these words to her friends at school and then getting in trouble.

Earlier, I overheard her playing with some toys in her room.  I wish I could describe the attitude she gets when she's in there by herself.  Talk about cheap entertainment.  The "conversation" went basically like this....


"Like, oh my gosh, I can't believe you said that, blitz." (This is where I'm straining to hear if "blitz" is actually the word she said, because, I'll be honest, I don't think that's what it was, but I was hoping.)
"What are you talking about, blitz?!" (This is my face now...   :-\  ... )
"La-dee-da, poopy silly face, blah-blah-blah...."

A little bit later I asked her what she had said.

Me:  Keira, what was that word you were saying when you were playing with your toys a little bit ago?

Keira:  Huuuuuh??? *sheepish grin*

Me:  Were you saying "blitz"?

Keira:  Mommy, I can't believe you just said that word!!!  *slams door on the way out... like she's SO offended*


Well, I guess she can't really get in trouble at school for saying the wrong word.  On the other hand, using a word that sounds similar, appropriately?...  hmmm.

No comments: